Saturday, March 11, 2017

iOttie Magnetic Dashboard iPhone Mount

iOttie iTap Magnetic Dashboard Premium Car Mount Holder for iPhone 7 7s Plus 6s Plus 6s SE, Galaxy S7 S7 Edge S6 S6 Edge Galaxy Note 5                              


I was really excited to be getting this mount for my dashboard. That is until I opened it and found out that it is simply attached to the dash with a sticky pad. Yep. Immediately my hopes for a useful item were dashed. Every time I have tried to use something that is mounted by a sticky pad to the dash of any car I have ever owned, when summer heat comes around, well, you get the idea. The "sticky" part of the mount begins to melt, and you end up with a melted sticky mess on your dash, and when you go to trade that car in for a new one, resale value for the interior of the car goes down the toilet.

I will give it a fair review, however. The magnetic disk placed on the back of the phone, or phone case, and the receiving magnet on the dash mount are SUPER strong! You can feel the tug well before the phone hits the receiving magnet! Love that!

And there's no interference with call quality because of the magnets. You'll never realize that it is there. It truly does make hands free for driving, and the ability to glance at the phone without turning loose of the wheel a wonderful thing!

If the mount had only been suction device, instead of sticky, I would have been 100% on board with it.

However, I still give it 4 stars.
And a big thumbs up.



You can purchase the iOttie HERE. It retails for $24.95 plus shipping and handling.







****DISCLAIMER: This product was provided by Amazon Vine in exchange for a fair and impartial review. All opinions above are solely those of this blog's author.


No comments:

Post a Comment