Saturday, April 22, 2017

Barney Bakery Natural Almond Meal

Barney Bakery Natural Almond Meal

I haven't been a vegan for very long, just a short three months. But I have already come to rely upon Barney Bakery meal and flours for my cooking and baking needs. And the Almond Meal has fast become one of my all time favorites.

I use this meal when I am frying tofu. I love to cut my tofu into "steaks" after draining the liquid. Then I dip them in my "egg" wash (1 tbsp. ground chia seed with 3 Tbsp. water) and roll them in this almond meal before frying in coconut oil. Who says eating vegan has to be boring?

I've also substituted almond meal instead of cornmeal when baking "cornbread", with fantastic results! (Thanks Mrs. B. for the delicious beans that went with the almond meal bread!)

And I've also dipped my tofu in this, redipped in the "egg" wash, and then rolled it in panko for a crispier version. Oh my! Either way it's delish!

This great almond meal can be used for about anything you can imagine! Sprinkle it on the bottom of your pizza pan, then make a pizza crust from the finer ground almond flour (Yes, Barney's Bakery has that too!) and you've got the start of a delish pizza! Everyone loved the slightly nutty flavor! Load the dough down with some fresh veggies, and homemade pizza sauce, and drizzle a thin hummus paste over all, and you've got a pizza made in heaven, vegan-style! Love it!

You can find Barney Bakery Natural Almond Meal here. It retails for $9.99, and you get a generous sized bag of 13-ounces, or about 2-1/2 cups.

Almond meal can be used for just about any kind of breading needs you have for veggies or meats.  Almond Meal is low in carbohydrates and a good source of protein, fiber, vitamin E, and magnesium. And you can store the bag in your refrigerator's freezer to extend the shelf-life.

Remember that Almond Meal is simply whole almonds that have been ground to a meal consistency.

Barney Bakery is certified peanut-free, it is gluten free, and is certified Non-GMO. So you can feel good about using it.

I rate this product with five stars,



I give it a big thumbs up,



and I give it my personal recommendation.









****DISCLAIMER: This product was provided by Amazon Vie in exchange for a fair and impartial review. All opinions above are solely those of this blog's author.




No comments:

Post a Comment